Team Manager - Manchester
Humankind’s Independent Living Unit offers a range of housing-related support services, advice and guidance to help people obtain accommodation and progress towards sustained independent living in the community. We support vulnerable people, often with histories including substance misuse, offending, mental ill health and homelessness, to overcome barriers and achieve social inclusion. Come and help us make this happen.
An opportunity has arisen to join our successful Manchester Resettlement Services as a Team Manager. We support adults with a range of complex issues and a history of failed tenancies and/or repeat homelessness. We support people to move on from temporary and supported accommodation into permanent tenancies. In addition, the service supports clients whose tenancies are at risk, to prevent homelessness.
You will provide supervisory support and guidance to staff and volunteers. You will have a key role in ensuring that the service operates in line with trauma-informed care principles and ensuring that the service utilises, and further develops, skills and asset-based recovery methodologies.
- 37 hours per week
- Location Collyhurst although travel throughout Manchester may be required.
- Candidates must have a full & valid driving licence with access to a car due to the role requirement of traveling around Manchester
The service is commissioned by Manchester City Council until 2022 with the possibility of extension to 2024.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 1st December 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/ILU/28.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities