Recovery Coordinator - HMP Durham
Humankind are an established provider of substance misuse, health, young people and families, employment training and education and housing services. We are proud to be a national charity based in the North East, promoting fair chances for all.
An opportunity has arisen for a Recovery Coordinator to support Humankind’s service delivery within Reconnected to Health in HMP Durham. The service is led by Spectrum Community Health CIC delivered in partnership with Humankind and Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. Reconnected to Health launched on 1st April 2020, provides quality care, promotes opportunities and supports the best possible outcomes for individuals, their families and communities across North East prisons. The successful post holder will match our ambition and commitment to provide the highest standards of service quality and performance within this partnership.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Working as part of a team to provide collaborative recovery planning and case management to substance misusers (drug and alcohol) across all stages of individuals’ recovery, from assessment and engagement through to sustained recovery.
- Providing holistic and structured recovery coordination and psychosocial interventions.
- Supporting service users across all stages of custody including transition planning for transfer or release.
- Working to ensure effective delivery of recovery coordination within the wider Reconnected to Health service model.
- To lead effective case management for allocated service users, including on-going processes such as risk assessments, risk management plans and safeguarding assessments and plans.
Applicants must have NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or above or equivalent with an understanding of and commitment to integrated recovery focused drug and alcohol services. Knowledge of the substance misuse, models of recovery and issues relating to recovery planning. Understanding of best practice frameworks NICE, DOH, NTA, NMC, Care Quality Commission frameworks & Caldicott Standards.
Candidates will be recruited within the advertised banding but should not expect initial recruitment at the top end of the banding. This enables progression in role through the Humankind development processes.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th November 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/NEP/16.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities