Tenancy Sustainment Officer - North East
Humankind Housing is Registered Social Housing provider that has been developing portfolios of properties in a range of geographical areas over the last 8 years. Our properties are a mixture of one, two and three bed houses, shared housing, and hostel type provisions. Some of our properties are linked to other Humankind services and projects however we are now also In the process of increasing our property portfolios to include general needs housing.
Your motivation to enable others to improve their quality of life is vital to this role. You will provide a range of comprehensive & pragmatic support and housing management, with the aim of enabling people to live successfully in the community, maintain their homes & tenancies and move-on to permanent accommodation.
Working across the operational area, you will:
- Ensure people are aware of their tenancy conditions and complete a comprehensive sign up according to procedure.
- Assist with housing benefit claims during start up and throughout the tenancy.
- Provide a comprehensive support service - including support planning, review and achievement.
- Visiting tenants and properties regularly.
- Addressing and arranging day to day repairs and testing of gas and electrical systems.
- Assess and commission void works to empty properties.
- Assist with the continued development and growth of Humankind Housing
- Participate in an out-of-hours on call service on a periodic basis
Candidates will be recruited within the advertised banding but should not expect initial recruitment at the top end of the banding. This enables progression in role through the Humankind development processes.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 8th December 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at HR@humankindcharity.org.uk or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting 20/HH/06.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities