Volunteer - Liaison and Diversion - York
Three health and social care agencies (Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust (TEWV), Humankind and Spectrum Community Health CIC) have joined forces to provide liaison and diversion services aimed at supporting those going through the criminal justice system who require mental health or learning disability support.
The liaison and diversion services are delivered by the partnership across County Durham, Darlington, Teesside and North Yorkshire.
The all age liaison and diversion services, offer assessment, advice and support for people who have come into contact with the criminal justice system and are experiencing mental health problems or have a learning disability. They also support staff within the criminal justice system with advice and signposting.
Details of the role/tasks:
- To carry out welfare calls, by phone, to service users in between appointment times
- To act as a listening ear to people with multiple vulnerabilities
- To research local services, support and resources with a view to signpost service users as appropriate
- To carry out service review forms with service users by phone, or in person
- To phone service users to follow up on ‘opt in’ letters received in custody
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 14th December 2020.
To request an application form, please email email@example.com or call/text 07957297828 quoting reference 20/VOL/27.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.