Volunteer - Service User Involvement - DOORS Preston
DOORS is an intensive community-based support service, specialising in working with offenders who present as high or very high risk of serious harm with complex accommodation needs across Lancashire.
We are looking for a volunteer to join our team to support the DOORS Management Team and Humankinds Business Development Team to gather evidence and case studies of successful outcomes.
To contact service users with a view to writing case studies based on the support they have had from DOORS.
To support the team to implement the Working Together Policy.
To contact service users who have left the service to carry out a follow up questionnaire.
- Awareness and understanding of issues faced by people involved in the Criminal Justice System
- Able to engage people and build a good, professional, working relationship by phone
- Confident communication skills
- Empathetic and non-judgemental
- Committed to the role and providing a support function to service users
- Confident IT skills
- Able to work to instruction and on own initiative
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks
- Willingness to attend training, supervision and team meetings online and in person
- Able to work in line with Policy and Guidance
- Be able to manage sensitive information confidentially, seeking support where needed. Note volunteers have access to our Employee Assist Programme.
- Access to a laptop/desktop/tablet with internet access
- We welcome applications from people with lived experience, in particular with experience of offending and/or homelessness
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Thursday 31st December 2020.
To request an application form, please email email@example.com or call/text 07957297828 quoting reference 20/VOL/25.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.