Children and Young Adults Intervention Worker (3.5 roles available) - Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Treatment and Recovery is an all age community drug and alcohol service supporting local people, families and communities across Newcastle. NTaR is a collaborative service partnership led by CNTW NHS Foundation Trust with Humankind and Changing Lives. Within the partnership Humankind deliver services for children and young adults up to 25 years old with a focus on offering age appropriate services that support children and young adults to make positive choices in their lifestyle and behaviours.
Working in partnership with children and young people, families and a wide range of stakeholders that includes schools, children’s services, youth justice and other children and young people’s support services is an essential element of the service.
We have opportunities for 3 full time and 1 part time role to join the integrated service team. Based in the service’s city centre location and working across a wide range of community venues, we’re looking for people who thrive as part of a team to provide high quality care, treatment and access to opportunities for children and young people across Newcastle. These are diverse roles that range from working with children through to supporting young adults during transition to adult services.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Working with children and young people (including young adults under 25yrs old) reducing the harm of substance use to the individual, family and wider community.
- Providing holistic support to children, young people and families as part of the wider NTaR Service, including assessments, care plans, structured psychosocial intervention delivery and partnership working.
- Working to ensure effective delivery of children and young people tailored interventions and support within the wider NTaR integrated service model.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 28th September.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/HYPF/20.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities