Volunteer - Calderdale Recovery Steps
The overall aim of the service is to support people to achieve and sustain recovery as well as offer harm reduction services. Calderdale Recovery steps support adults and young people to make informed choices around their alcohol and drug use, working to reduce risk-taking behavior’s through dedicated prevention, early intervention and tailored programs.
Details of the role/tasks:
- To meet and greet service users accessing treatment, providing a friendly welcoming approach.
- To support the various elements of the service including needle exchange, screenings and outreach.
- To support group work activities and promote recovery in the community
- Signposting and linking with other agencies as appropriate
- General Admin duties such as answering the phone.
- Supporting service users to attend external appointments such a benefits or housing.
- Developing opportunities to get service user feedback
Please note. The above duties are subject to changes due to covid19 restrictions and ensuring that all staff volunteers and service users are as safe as possible while maintaining our service offer.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Thursday 1st October 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting 20/VOL/21.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.