Volunteer - Research and Resources - Thrive Barnsley
Humankind’s Thrive Barnsley complex needs service supports anyone who is 25 or over and is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Details of the role/tasks:
This is a new volunteer role for the service.
There are resident notice boards at Beevor court, these provide valuable information and signposting to services and resources. The volunteer will be responsible for creating content and updating these boards on a regular (monthly) basis.
The information will be relevant to the support needs for example housing, benefits, wellbeing. There will also be information relating to key themes / dates for example Hepatitis Day, Mental Health Day, LGBT+ History Month.
The volunteer will also support the team at Thrive to ensure that details for Landlords, Housing Associations, Letting Agents are up to date.
The team support residents with funding applications for furniture and other items for their property. The volunteer will be asked to provide support in completing these applications with residents, submitting them and following up outcomes where necessary.
This role will be carried out from home/remotely and on site.
Vacancy Pro-forma v1.0
To request an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07957297828
Prefilled by VDM / HR
- Awareness and understanding of issues faced by people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Able to engage people and build a good, professional relationship
- Confident communication and IT skills
- Committed to the role and providing a support function to service users
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to carry out relevant administrative tasks
- Willingness to attend training, supervision and team meetings online and in person
- Able to work in line with Policy and Guidance
- Be able to manage sensitive information confidentially, seeking support where needed. Note volunteers have access to our Employee Assist Programme.
The closing date for completed applications is noon on the 17th September 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/VOL/14.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.