Volunteer – Housing Support - DOORS Preston
DOORS is an intensive community-based support service, specialising in working with offenders who present as high or very high risk of serious harm with complex accommodation needs across Lancashire.
Details of the role/tasks:
- To support the DOORS team in identifying appropriate vacant properties for service users.
- To maintain and update a list of Landlords, Letting Agents and Local Authorities.
- To support the team to build good working relationships with Landlords, Letting Agents and Local Authorities.
- To research and maintain a list of available funding opportunities, grants and donators.
- To apply for funding for furnishings and other items for service users.
Please note that due to COVID-19 and the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to carry out some of the training and role from home.
- Awareness and understanding of issues faced by people involved in the Criminal Justice System
- Able to engage people and build a good, professional, working relationship by phone
- Confident communication skills
- Empathetic and non-judgemental
- Committed to the role and providing a support function to service users
- Confident IT skills
- Able to work to instruction and on own initiative
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks
- Willingness to attend training, supervision and team meetings online and in person
- Able to work in line with Policy and Guidance
- Be able to manage sensitive information confidentially, seeking support where needed. Note volunteers have access to our Employee Assist Programme.
- Access to a laptop / desktop / tablet with internet access
- We welcome applications from people with lived experience, in particular with experience of offending and/or homelessness
The closing date for completed applications is noon on the 17th September 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/VOL/11.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.