Keyworker - Young People's Service - Gateshead
This post is for a keyworker to work within the Young Peoples Substance Misuse Service at Platform Gateshead. The service delivers psychosocial interventions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, family work, specialist harm reduction, and relapse prevention) and group work to address drug and alcohol use and associated issues for young people within the Borough of Gateshead. You will be joining a dedicated and dynamic team who believe in innovation and developing the service in line with the needs of young people.
Main Duties involve:
- To perform a Key Worker role to deliver interventions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, family work, specialist harm reduction, and relapse prevention) at Tier 2 / 3 to address drug and alcohol use and associated issues for young people within the Borough of Gateshead.
- To promote health improvements and contribute to the reduction of risk-taking behaviour of the young people engaging with the service.
- Provide support in a variety of settings for young people including in the home, schools and community settings.
- Liaise and work in partnership with other agencies and organisations with Gateshead including for example LAC, Children and Young People Services, Youth Offending Team, Family Intervention Team and Gateshead Safer Communities.
- To establish and work within existing networks, attending relevant meetings for young people and to represent the service.
We are looking for a motivated and innovative individual who understands the needs and difficulties of young people.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 3rd August 2020 with interviews held 12th August 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/HYPF/15.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities