Director of IT
Humankind is an established provider of health and social care services including substance misuse, health young people and families, work and skills, offending and housing services.
In the last 3 years we have trebled in size. In 2020/21 we have a projected turnover of circa £60 million pounds and will employ in excess of 1500 staff, expanding from a turnover of £27 million pounds and 700 staff in a matter of two years.
We are a national provider with a need to engage and support staff and beneficiaries and advocate for improvements to their lives to enable everyone to have Fairer Chances.
With our recent encouraging growth, we need to take steps to manage this growth effectively and position ourselves to further develop the organisation. We want to continue our vision to be an impactful and innovative health and social care provider.
We are looking for an experienced senior leader to manage our IT infrastructure, building and maintaining relationships with a number of external service providers and support a small in-house team. You will have a good understanding of IT infrastructure and a strong ability to think strategically about the short, medium- and long-term needs of the charity.
You will have excellent project management skills and a strong technical knowledge in IT and digital technologies. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in managing Internal and external stakeholders, driving efficiencies, and getting best value. You will have experience of working alongside the charitable sector in some way and you will share our values. You are a pragmatic person who is willing to roll their sleeves up.
You will also have technical management experience of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Teams, Sharepoint, and Onedrive. An understanding of complex data migrations would also be desirable.
You will need to be:
- A skilled IT leader who can deliver complex change both within and across teams
- Able to set out clear parameters on areas where there are interdependencies between IT and other departments
- A great contract manager, dealing with complex information and record keeping
- Skilled at planning, developing, and implementing projects to time and budget
- Experienced at a senior level in an IT environment
- Able to effectively prioritise across a complex workload
We are flexible on location with a preference for County Durham or Leeds based.
The closing date for CV’s is noon on Wednesday 15th July 2020 with first round interviews held via Zoom on Friday 24th July & second round interviews held Thursday 30th July.
Please direct CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 20/CSS/16.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year (pro rata)
- Optional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye tests & discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Learning & Development Opportunities