Social Media Support Volunteer - London & South
We are recruiting for a Social Media Support Volunteer to join our team at Haringey Recovery Service, London.
Haringey Recovery Service provides advice, training, and support for those in recovery from alcohol or drug misuse. People can train for a new career, attend therapy sessions, try a new hobby or get help with housing issues, all within a vibrant community that is there to provide help and support.
We would love to involve a volunteer (or two) to help increase social media presence and engagement, generate content and also to help promote existing activities. We can give you insight and experience in the field of social media marketing for a charity and support you in your own goals. We feel this role would particularly suit a student looking to gain experience.
Details of the role / tasks:
• Engage with staff, service users and volunteers to gather and share content, quotes and stories to be shared on social media. This could involve attending online group sessions or meetings, following nationwide Humankind accounts to share relevant content on local platforms, and researching relevant local organisations / networks / initiatives.
• Support with the design of this content, using templates and brand guidelines.
• Helping to promote the activities of the service
• Adhering to data protection, safeguarding, media consent and brand guidelines
• Having regular catch-ups with a supervising member of staff to evaluate progress
This role can be undertaken remotely and with flexible timings.
Please note, as this role will be partially or fully remotely undertaken we'd need to check with you that you can access the internet /have enough mobile data as we want to ensure no one is out of pocket from volunteering.
Personal qualities / Experience required:
• Experience using social media platforms to increase engagement, and generating content
• An interest in / willingness to learn about recovery and substance misuse services
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance.
• Respectful and non-judgemental towards service users and team
• Able to commit to volunteering regularly (though flexible when that would be)
What Volunteers Can Expect From Us:
• Regular supervision and support
• Induction and access to online and face to face training (when face-to-face training can resume)
• To gain experience of the charity sector and an opportunity to practice your skills
• To feel part of a team and the wider Humankind organisation
• Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey (there may not be a need to travel for this role)
• Opportunities to progress and experience other areas of Humankind's work in the region, including the Marketing and Comms team
The closing date for completed applications is noon on the 17th July 2020.
Application packs are also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 20/VOL/07.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.