Volunteer Group Worker - 5 Ways - Leeds
Forward Leeds is the Alcohol, Drug and Recovery service for adults and young people in the Leeds and surrounding area.
Services include: Active and Fast Track Recovery, Detox team, Prevention and Early Intervention, Young Peoples Service, Family Plus team. For more info see our website http://www.forwardleeds.co.uk
We are looking for a volunteer to support the work of our group work service by co-facilitating the Which Way Now programme. This opportunity will prove valuable for anyone who wishes to learn more about therapeutic group work, develop their facilitation skills and add to their knowledge of substance misuse interventions.
Skills and Personal Qualities required for the role.
• An interest in facilitating group based interventions
• To have an understanding of the issues faced by people who use substances.
• Lived experience of substance use issues is welcomed, but not essential
• Empathetic nature with an encouraging and non-judgmental approach
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Confident communication skills
• Ability to engage clients and build rapport
• Able to commit to a regular weekly session
• Commitment to attending training, workshops and supervision
• To adhere to Humankind policies and procedures
• The role may involve providing assistance to participants with literacy or other communication needs.
Please note that we accept applications from people with their own experiences of substance use or addiction and/or a criminal record. This can be discussed at interview if applicable.
For an application form or for further information please call Sam Lindley on 07394 563585 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.