Activity Coordinator & Facilitator Volunteer - Sefton
We are looking for a range of volunteers to facilitate arts and crafts sessions, therapeutic interventions and leisure activities. The role will be dependent on applicant’s interest, skills, experience and qualifications if applicable.We want to offer a range of ways for service users to express themselves and to enhance their wellbeing.
We are also keen to recruit individuals who are qualified to facilitate therapeutic interventions such as relaxation, meditation, mindfulness, and complimentary therapies.
Royal Terrace provides recovery focused and supported accommodation for people who have alcohol and, or, substance misuse support needs and need support to live independently.
We provide support to individuals to develop the skills required to manage homes, live confidently, remain in recovery and ultimately achieve independent living. We also deliver group-based activities to support service users to promote health and wellbeing, employability and active-citizenship.
Successful applicants will
• Have a genuine interest in and wiliness to support people in recovery from drug or alcohol misuse
• Have an understanding and awareness of the issues faced by people in addiction / recovery
• Have the ability to work under own initiative, but within Humankind Policies and Guidance
• Have the ability to manage small groups of individuals, be confident communication and able to engage people in line with their individual needs
• Be able to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week
Please visit https://humankind.careers/ for more information and an application form. The closing date for completed applications is noon on the 14th January 2019 with interviews TBC.
Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our volunteer team on 07957 297 828.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.