Family Worker - (1x Full Time/1 x Part Time)
Humankind are an established provider of substance misuse, health young people and families, employment training and education and housing services. In the last 3 years we have doubled in size. In 2018/19 we had a turnover of circa £36 million pounds and employed in excess of 900 staff, expanding from a turnover of £27 million pounds and 700 staff in a matter of one year.
Humankind have recently been awarded the contract to deliver the North Yorkshire Horizons services from 2019 – 2024 and we are currently recruiting for Family Workers to join our North Yorkshire Horizons service across the County. North Yorkshire Horizons is a service made up of several key partners including Humankind, enabling the development of a peer led, recovery community. Providing a safe environment in which people can develop the life skills, and confidence to achieve and maintain recovery and abstinence from their substance misuse, successfully re-integrate into society, and become active, contributing citizens.
Main Duties for the Role will Include:
• The post holder will work with drug and alcohol using parents, the parents of adult drug and alcohol users and carers, with the aim of increasing individual’s access to drug treatment services in order to support their community reintegration and sustained long term recovery goals.
• Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position. We understand the importance of ensuring all our service users are safe from harm and are committed to following guidelines on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and good working practices, including the safe recruitment of workers.
• Please visit https://humankind.careers for more information and an application form. The closing date for completed applications is noon on the 12th November 2019. Application packs are also available via email at email@example.com or by contacting our recruitment line on 01325 731160 quoting reference 19/NYH/37.
• Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- A competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Exceptional support, training and development
- Up to 32 days (pro rata) annual leave per year