Meet and Greet Volunteer - Seacroft - Leeds
Role title Meet and Greet
Team reporting to Forward Leeds
Location Irford (Seacroft)
Brief description of project
Forward Leeds is the alcohol and drug service in Leeds for adults, young people and families. Services include: Prevention and Early Intervention; Young Peoples Service; Family Plus; Active and Fast Track Recovery. For more information, see the website http://www.forwardleeds.co.uk
At each of the 3 hubs we offer a Meet and Greet function run by Volunteers who will engage and motivate people the first time they walk through the door, they will provide support to individual’s, promote and support access to mutual aid, offer practical advice, and make sure individual’s voices are heard.
The Meet and Greet role is a great way to start your volunteering journey. It helps you to build up knowledge of the different services within Forward Leeds and get to know our Service Users and their needs.
Details of Role (Tasks)
• The Meet and Greet role is vital to welcoming people to the hubs and make people feel at ease
• To offer information, support and guidance to people accessing the hubs
• To liaise between the service user and reception
• To support Reception staff
• To provide information to service users on Forward Leeds services and local services
• To support and promote a safe and recovery focused environment
• To actively listen to service users
• To promote and engage in service user influence and involvement
• Confident communication and interpersonal skills
• To have an understanding of professional boundaries and able to maintain these as per policies and guidance
• To be able to empathise
• Ability to engage with people and be non-judgemental
• To be reliable and have good time keeping skills
• Personal experience of recovery is desirable but not essential
• Able to commit to a minimum of one half day per week (day / time to suit applicant)
• Commitment to attend volunteer team meetings and supervision
Our hubs operate Mondays and Fridays 9am – 5pm and then Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am – 7pm
For an application form or to ask for any further information please call Sam Lindley on 07394 563585 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.