Activities, Support and Befriending Volunteer - Bradford
Volunteer Role Description
Role title Volunteer (Activities Support and Befriending)
Team reporting to No Second Night Out Project
Location Barkerend Road, Bradford
Brief description of project
Bradford No Second Night Out project provides support to new and entrenched rough sleepers. The scheme offers a range of accommodation, outreach, assessment and advice as well as coordinating the delivery of the Cold Weather provision for rough sleepers in Bradford.
Details of Role (Tasks)
Bradford No Second Night Out have two available volunteer roles:
• Supporting / facilitating activities at the hostel in the evenings
Coordination of the recovery group, we have a recovery focused group supporting clients with substance misuse and Alcohol. This runs on most Tuesday afternoons between the hours of 4pm to 5pm. All clients are given different coping strategies to manage their recovery. The Lead worker is Thierry and has substantive experience in recovery models.
• Outreach support and befriending
You would be required to provide brief interventions, accompanying outreach workers on visits to respond to street link enquiries, this would be attending hotspots of places where homeless clients are being seen by the general public, also accompanying BNSNO and partner agencies conduct weekly outreach sessions, liaising with rough sleepers and engaging with them to find solutions to their roofless status.
Signpost to suitable services, and offer befriending where appropriate.
• Confident communication skills
• Ability to work to instruction
• Honest and reliable
• Commitment to attend training and supervision
• Understanding of the range of issues faced by people who have experienced homelessness, substance misuse and/or mental health
• Being flexible with one’s availability
• Lived experience of homelessness, substance misuse and/or mental health
• Awareness of the impact of drug and alcohol use and its risks
• Experience of employment / volunteering in a similar role
• Experience of supporting others, providing information, advice and guidance
Interview Date will be on Tuesday 23rd April 2019
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com to show your interest, and an application form will be emailed to you and we will then allocate you a timeslot for interview on the above date.