Careers Advisor - Newton Aycliffe
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part time Careers Adviser to work on our National Careers Service contract within the Skills, Employment and Training unit. This role will provide face to face careers information, advice and guidance to adult customers in a range of community and employer settings within the context of the contract applicable to support customers to make informed career decisions.
Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with adults on an individual and group basis and be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with other professionals, stakeholders and partners.
You need to hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 4 Information, Advice & Guidance qualification, along with a Full Driving License and access to a car.
• enjoy working with people to help them achieve their career goals
• ability to engage people in 1:1 and group setting
• have a professional but friendly attitude
• have an open-mind and be non-judgmental
• want to make a difference and be able to bring out the best in others
• have excellent administration and IT skills
• have an understanding of the career information, advice & guidance needs of adults
The closing date for completed applications is noon on 12th April 2019.
Should you wish to discuss the vacancy further, please contact: Faye Codling, Senior Manager on 01325 731160.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE PROVIDED ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW, IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CHECK YOUR EMAILS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS IS CORRECT ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you have provided on your application form, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Ensure that you check your emails after the closing date as you will not be contacted by any other means.
What we offer you?
We offer benefits including
- A competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Exceptional support, training and development
- Up to 32 days (pro rata) annual leave per year