Duty Support Worker Volunteer - Kirkgate
Volunteer Role Description
Role title Duty Support Volunteer
Team reporting to Active or Focussed Intervention Recovery Teams
Location Forward Leeds – Kirkgate Hub
Brief description of project
Forward Leeds is the Alcohol, Drug and Recovery service for adults and young people in the Leeds and surrounding area.
Services include: Active and Fast Track Recovery, Detox team, Prevention and Early Intervention, Young Peoples Service, Family Plus team. For more info see our website http://www.forwardleeds.co.uk
Details of Role (Tasks)
This is a shadowing role where you will be attached to a Recovery Coordinator (Drug and Alcohol keyworker) working within one of our Forward Leeds hub at Kirkgate. You will both learn from and support the worker to motivate and guide clients towards meaningful recovery. You will be given the opportunity to experience a range of substance use interventions, learn about different treatment options and harm reduction techniques and signpost service users towards aftercare options. You will be able to support the duty worker on reception as they respond to new walk-in referrals and complete clinical tasks such as urine testing and breathylising.
This opportunity will prove valuable for anyone who wishes to develop their skills within the drug and alcohol field, whilst furthering their knowledge of substance misuse interventions.
Skills and Personal Qualities
• To have an understanding of the issues faced by people who use substances.
• Empathetic nature with an encouraging and non-judgmental approach
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Good timekeeping
• Confident communication skills
• Lived experience of substance use issues is welcomed, but not essential
• Able to follow Humankind and Forward Leeds policy and procedure
• Ability to engage clients and build rapport
• Able to commit to a regular weekly session
• Commitment to attending training, workshops and regular supervision
Our hubs operate Mondays and Fridays 9am – 5pm and then Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am – 7pm
For an application form or to ask for any further information please call Sam Lindley on 07394 563585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org