Befriending & Advocate Volunteer - Sunderland
Role title Volunteer, Befriending and Advocacy
Team reporting to Caring Changes
Brief description of project
Caring Changes provides support for family members, partners and friends, in Sunderland, who are affected by someone else’s drinking or drug use. We offer information, advice and guidance to ensure they can continue to support recovery in a meaningful and helpful way. This includes one to one support, advocacy and positive activities, to promote wellbeing, and signposting.
Details of Role (Tasks)
You would be required to provide one to one emotional support to Caring Changes service users. This might include brief interventions, signposting to suitable services, and advocacy, where appropriate.
You would have daily access to supervision and guidance from a line manager.
• Confident communication skills
• Ability to work to instruction
• Honest and reliable
• Commitment to attend training and supervision
• Experience of employment / volunteering in a similar role
• Experience of supporting others, providing information, advice and guidance
• Awareness of the impact of drug and alcohol use on families.
• Car driver with business insurance