Creative Workshops Leader Volunteer - Sunderland
Role title Volunteer Creative Workshops Leader
Team reporting to Caring Changes
Brief description of project
Caring Changes provides support and advice for adults, in Sunderland, who are concerned about someone else’s drinking or drug use. We also provide therapeutic / social activities to promote wellbeing so that they are better able to manage the stress that comes with the impacts of addiction. Self-care is important to ensure they can continue to support recovery in a meaningful and helpful way.
Details of Role (Tasks)
Caring Changes are looking for a volunteer to lead creative group sessions such as arts and crafts workshops.
You would be required to bring ideas for sessions and would be reimbursed for any materials supplied.
• Confident communication skills and ability to give instruction.
• Ability to work to instruction
• Honest and reliable
• Commitment to attend training and supervision
• An interest in arts and crafts
• Experience of participating in or leading creative workshops.
• Experience of supporting others.
• Awareness of the impact of problematic drug or alcohol use on family members.