Needle Exchange Support Volunteer - South Tyneside
Role title Needle Exchange Support
Team reporting to Harm Reduction
Location South Tyneside Adult recovery
Brief description of project
South Tyneside Adult Recovery Service offer ways for local people with drug and alcohol problems to become free from their dependence. We also want to reduce the problems that substance misuse causes to families, friendships, workplaces and communities in South Tyneside.
We want to work with each person to develop their potential for recovery.
We work in partnership with a range of health, mental health, adult, children and young people’s social care, criminal justice agencies, voluntary and community sector services.
Details of Role (Tasks)
• To have a clear understanding of substance misuse and the risks associated with injecting and demonstrate a willingness to undertake relevant training.
• To facilitate clients, use of the needle exchange and to put all service users at ease when carrying out an exchange.
• To dispense appropriate needle exchange equipment, relevant paraphernalia and complete all necessary paperwork.
• To maintain stock levels as required.
• To promote the service and recovery.
• To work to strict confidential guidelines and comply with all HumanKind policies and procedures.
• Good verbal communication skills and confidence to approach and engage people
• Reliable and approachable
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to present themselves in a professional manner
• Ability to commitment to 1 or 2 half days per week (day to suit individual applicant)
For an application form or to ask for any further information please call Paul Booth on 07522238558 or email email@example.com